Null><br>


 
					<center> <font color=Enquiries: 01545 561707   -  email: westwalescottages@virginmedia.com

 

Llanerchaeron National Trust House near Aberaeron

Llanerchaeron is a small 18th century Welsh gentry estate which has survived virtually unaltered. The house was built by John Nash in 1795. Consisting of the house, servant's quarters, stables, farm buildings and walled garden, Llanerchaeron is a traditional rural estate that has remained in the same family for ten generations.

Llanerchaeron House designed by John Nash

Llanerchaeron
The dry laundry room at Llanerchaeron
 

Dry laundry room
Snowdrops on the banks of the Aeron at Llanerchaeron

Snowdrops by the Aeron.

The house was commissioned from John Nash in 1789 by Colonel William Lewis. Nash had been made bankrupt at the age of 31, however after designing Llanerchaeron and a number of other Welsh estate houses, he went on to grander things, designing the Brighton Pavilion and Buckingham Palace.

In the house can be seen the collection of antiques donated to the National Trust by Miss P.M.Ward. as well as memorabilia from the Lewis family.

The House and servant quarters were opened to visitors for the first time in June 2002 following full restoration. There are extensive walled gardens and farm also open to the public. The cafe (seasonal) serves home made food .

Pigs at Llanerchaeron

Traditional working farm
In the Hothouse

In the greenhouse

   
Food in the cafe

For opening times, see the Llanerchaeron National Trust website here.


One of the walled gardens


National Trust activities


Original farm cart